Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Life as it is today

So much of this is my life.   





To night was especially hard.   I put my head down and let the stress flow down my face in the form of tears.  It is hard being a mom.  It is hard meeting everyones wants, desires, and needs.  It is hard balancing it all.  I want so badly to keep a clean orderly house, have the best creative lesson planed, teach my girls craft making skills, tend to a bountiful garden that I can feed to my family, make nutritious meals 3 times a day, instill in my children great character,  teach them the Word of God that will be a lamp unto their feet, and live in a way that leads them to our Father in Heaven.  This last one is the most important.
I so cherish and love this time of my life.  I so badly want to do a great job.  God has blessed me with the opportunity to be an integral part of 5 of His children whom He loves so dearly.   
My human imperfections seemed to shine so brightly when life got a little messy today.   I want to be like the mom in Family Circus.  Hair is nice, pretty dress on, and still looking calm in the midst of chaos.  Somehow, I don't think that is how I looked.   


My house is now quiet.  I will ignore the mess and put my nose in the Bible and The Power Of A Womans Words

Tomorrow is a new day where I shall strive to be a beacon of peace in my home.

I'm sharing this because it is real, and wanted to share some realness that did not look so perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Funny because I didn't even see it was you who had written this and said to myself I was just telling Bill the same thing. How do I be Mom to 4 and meet each one of their needs, have dinner on the table every night, be Wife to Bill, Keep the house clean, Work my jobs, playgroups, taxi driver and everything else that goes with that and still have time for Me with out being overwhelmed. UGH I need to let go of trying to do it all, as I step over the cheerios Brooke dumped on the floor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you too.....I need to let go.
    I was talking with a friend today and we agreed that at this point in our lives, it is impossible to do everything great. I just need to focus on loving and nurturing my kids.
    I knew I was not alone. We are all together on this journey :o)

    ReplyDelete