The day hubby and I accidentally walked into a health food store over 16 years ago was our first introduction into making better healthy choices in what we feed our bodies. My ideas on healthy eating have evolved with time. And also with time, we have had ups and downs concerning the healthy choices we made. Different seasons in our lives have either made it harder or easier to eat healthily.
Recently, we bought a juicer. This buy was very much inspired by Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. I have seen a few "health" movies in the past that are similar to this one. This movie blows the rest out of the water. I would highly recommend it to everyone. My eldest and I watched it one night while hubby was out of town. We were captivated and inspired. When hubby got home, he got to watch it too. By the end of the movie we knew that buying a juicer was in our future. I won't bore you will the benefits of juicing. :o) There are many. The movie would be a great introduction to juicing for anyone interested.
In addition to juicing, we've been eating more raw foods and plant based meals. With these changes, I've really felt a change in my health.
A week ago, I tried making Pasta with Butternut Squash Sauce. This was a great find! I was not a huge fan of Butternut Squash, but was a huge fan of the blog I found it on. The creator of the recipe said she could lick the bowl clean.....so I was thinking that it had to be good!
So, we gave it a try. I can so see why she licked the bowl clean. Seriously Delicious!!!
I have since made it for my mom and a friend. Both LOVED it and asked for the recipe.

Poptarts are a yummy quick breakfast that most kids love. On my search for some new breakfast options, I came across these. A healthier fresh version of the boxed original. What we loved was the simple fun time that we had making them. They were very yummy too! None of my kids liked the fresh strawberry in it, and my boys were happier with one filling instead of 2
We all love this lil' guy!



No comments:
Post a Comment